Physical and Performance Education
The Physical and Performance Education faculty comprises the Drama, Music and P.E. departments.
We seek to nurture, develop and enable students’ creativity and confidence with artistic, physical and technical capability. Through performance and participation, students enhance skills in self-awareness and working with others, enjoying a healthy, active lifestyle. By ensuring that students have ample time and access to specialist staff and equipment across all three subjects, the P.P.E. faculty strive to place drama, music and sport as a firm part of Fernwood’s broad and balanced curriculum.
An intrinsic part of the learning journey in P.P.E. takes place through enrichment, so a wide range of extra-curricular activities also form a central part of our provision. Our core intent is to foster a love of the arts and an active lifestyle which can last for life.
- Develop technique and improve performance in drama, music and sporting activities.
- Understand theory and rationale behind practical work.
- Build communication and teamwork skills.
- Evaluate and compare their own performance and the performance of others.
- To provide students with opportunities to further develop their passions or talents through clubs, projects, performances, off-site visits and links with institutions or experts.