Head of Operations
Contract Term: Full Time
Salary: £45,204 - £47,858 (F9-1 - F9-4)
Interview Date: 28 February 2024
Commencement Date: As soon as possible
We require an enthusiastic and committed Head of Operations to join our Senior Leadership Team and to plan and manage operations of the school.
Fernwood is a 11-16 School enjoying an excellent reputation for high standards of achievement and behaviour. We offer a school with:
- An ethos of ‘High Achievement with Care and Discipline for All’
- A teaching profession that is dedicated, innovative and talented
- A teaching profession that is treated with respect and afforded autonomy in the classroom
- A wonderful group of students who behave well and have high aspirations
- A strong Progress 8 score
- Staff and Governors that are professional and enjoy working together for the benefit of the young people we serve
- An Ofsted outstanding judgement
- Leading Edge Status
The Governors and staff are committed to continuous improvement and welcome applications from candidates with drive and determination to work in an environment that inspires and challenges students of all abilities and from all backgrounds.
The Fernwood School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. The successful candidate will be subject to a Disclosure and Barring Services check along with other relevant employment checks. In addition, this post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act and a Self-Disclosure is required for all applicants shortlisted for interview. Online searches will be carried out on all shortlisted applicants as part of due diligence checks.
Please return your completed application form, together with your letter of application (no more than 2 sides of A4, font size 11) explaining how your skills, qualities and experience would enable you to be successful in the role and what you would achieve in your first 12 months of appointment to the Headteacher, Mr C Gell, and the HR Manager, Mrs H Wallis, by post or by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org.